Sunday, December 1, 2013

Ethnic sketches by Gloria Poole in Missouri



I am adding three more of the art I created to this blog. The first one is similar to a photo I saw in the BBC news and tried to paint the pose of a driver resting with arm on table and under his chin. It was much more difficult to draw than I thought because of shoulders rolled forward some.


F1-driver-sketch-by-Gloria Poole; Nov 2013; watercolors
F1-driver-sketch-by-Gloria Poole; Nov 2013; watercolors
 The second sketch is also similar to a photo I saw in the BBC news for country of Portugal, and was named as the captain of their team and he was happy they won.   It is watercolors on paper [bristol]. 
Portugal's World Cup Captain; ethnic sketch by Gloria Poole; Nov, 2013;watercolor
Portugal's World Cup Captain; ethnic sketch by Gloria Poole; Nov, 2013;watercolor
 The third is not a sketch but an oil painting I painted on canvas board as one of a series of three paintings of light houses. It was displayed on the web before I think on some of the domains I owned. I just realized the digital photo is a bit lop-sided. I stand sort of lop-sided since I had metal screws and metal plate put into leg and joint  by orthopedic surgeon in 2006 after violence against me. I try to remember to lean or prop against something, but sometimes I forget.  I also sometimes use my digital camera which compensates for that. I photograph with a variety of cameras. 
oil painting; one in series of Light houses, painted by Gloria Poole; oils on canvas bd
oil painting; one in series of Light houses, painted by Gloria Poole; oils on canvas board

I have the art on this post. The two sketches are watercolor pencils . I draw usually in graphite and then sometimes, paint with watercolors either from tubes, or pencils and sometimes with inks or acrylics when doing sketches. Oils are more expensive so I save them for canvases.
 Copyright: I Gloria Poole own all rights to the art I create in any method or with any tools, on any surface, at any time, in any place, unless I have sold a piece I created and signed a bill of sale before a notary public.
 Also, for the record: I Gloria Poole am white, woman, Christian, single, and the natural mother of two grown daughters whose names are Jennifer and Leigh who were born to my first marriage.  I was born in the state of Georgia, was married twice to men and now divorced twice. I moved to Missouri on Oct 31, 2009,. I resumed my maiden surname of Poole after both divorces.
 Gloria Poole; at my apt in Missouri; 1- Dec-2013 at 11:04am