Monday, October 14, 2013

Micah painting inspired by scripture painted by Gloria Poole

"Micah" painting from Bible scripture; by Gloria Poole; 2006
"Micah" painting from Bible scripture; by Gloria Poole; 2006

This is a painting I painted in 2006 because I was living in Colorado at the time, and had met a real Indian there as casual acquaintance, who told me that the Indian reservations were not a good way of life, and that it was very hard for them.  So, I was trying to depict a fading way of life.   It is NOT a real person, but a "ghost".   Also, there is a scripture in Bible that inspired it. I moved to Missouri on Oct 31, 2009 after second divorce that happened in Colorado, but I was born in state of Georgia. 

I also added more paintings I painted to my blog at: https://gloriapoole.blogspot.com; and also https://gpoole817.blogspot.com.  I add art to my blogs sort of with a purpose in mind usually. But most of the time, the "people" I paint are not real people. 

I am a white, single, Christian woman, and I have painted about 20-25 "ethnic paintings" of different make-believe people in native costumes, and sometimes with native props to attempt to show different cultures and ways of life.  The ethnic paintings are intended to foster good will between races. GOD is Love to all people according to John 3:16. KVb.

Gloria Poole ; also known as Gloria on paintings that I sign with paint; and also known as gloria0817; gpoole817; gloria.poole; gloria_poole; gloriapoole1749, gloriapoole, gloria-poole; gloriapoole.RN; and other variations of my real born with name of Gloria Poole. At my apt in Missouri; 14-Oct-2013 @ 4:38pm